Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Osama Bin Laden

This cartoon holds very true to me. I think Obama made killing Osama Bin Laden to much about himself and not enough about soldiers. He did some planning and gave the go ahead but the Navy SEALS actually risked their life. Kudos to Obama for taking the necessary steps to take out Bin Laden and save many lives. However, I believe the real heroes are the soldiers, that is why I disagree with the way Obama handled the repercussions of the attack on Bin Laden.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very important to recognize all soldiers for risking their lives for what they believe in. I don't believe in everything you said about Obama but your post was very well written and I understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christian,

    I agree with you that it is important to recognize the soldier's efforts in the finding and killing of Osama Bin Laden. I agree that they were the ones who were out there risking their lives, and I think that their bravery is honorable. But do you think that we should be celebrating the killing of someone so thoroughly? I recognize that Osama bin Laden killed many people himself, but it seems to me that celebrating his death can only fuel the fire, and cause more killing in the world. What do you think the appropriate action would have been?

    I'd love to hear what you think.

    Thanks,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete